Interesting facts about the world? There are so many of them, that you could spend an entire lifetime discovering them all! Here are 10 interesting facts about the world you probably didn’t know. Learn something new today!
The US spends more on defense than all its allies combined
- The United States spends more on defense than any other country in the world.
- In fact, the US spends more on defense than all its allies combined.
- This is true even though many of those allies are much larger countries with their own sizable militaries.
- The US military budget for 2019 is $686 billion. That’s more than 3 times what China spends on defense and more than 10 times what Russia spends.
- Part of the reason the US spends so much on defense is that it has troops stationed in over 170 countries around the world.
- In addition, the US has over 800 military bases in foreign countries.
People with low self-esteem tend to be less creative
You might not believe it, but people with low self-esteem are actually less creative than those with high self-esteem. Studies have shown that people who feel bad about themselves are less likely to come up with new ideas and are more likely to give up on tasks when they encounter difficulty.
Squirrels can swim for up to 15 minutes
Did you know that squirrels can swim for up to 15 minutes? That’s pretty impressive for a small mammal! Here are some other true interesting facts about our world that you probably didn’t know:
- There are more trees on Earth than there are stars in the Milky Way galaxy.
- The first product to be sold online was a Sting album in 1994.
- Every day, we breathe in about 20,000 liters of air.
- The Amazon rainforest produces more than 20% of the world’s oxygen supply.
- There are more than 1,000 different types of rice.
- Cows can produce up to 200 times more methane than carbon dioxide.
There are almost as many cell phones in use as there are people in the world
Can you believe that there are almost as many cell phones in use as there are people in the world? That’s true! There are about 7.53 billion people in the world and about 7.8 billion cell phone subscriptions. That means that there are about 35 subscriptions for every 100 people in the world.
Gold is worth more than silver
Gold is worth more than silver, but that wasn’t always the case. In fact, up until around 600 BC, silver was actually worth more than gold. It wasn’t until gold became more abundant that its value began to rise relative to silver. Today, gold is worth about 60 times as much as silver. Here are some other interesting facts about gold:
– Gold is a chemical element with the symbol Au (from Latin: aurum) and atomic number 79.
– Gold is a soft, dense, yellow metal. It is a transition metal and its elemental category is post-transition metal.
Drug dealers make $60,000 per month on average
Did you know that drug dealers make a lot of money? According to Business Insider, they can make up to $60,000 per month. That’s a lot of money! Here are some other interesting facts about the world that you probably didn’t know
Cats make a different sound when they’re scared
Do you know that cats make a different sound when they’re scared? It’s true! When a cat is scared, it will emit a high-pitched yowl. This yowl is usually accompanied by rapid breathing and an increased heart rate. So next time you hear your cat yowling, you’ll know it’s feeling scared.
86% of humans have parasites inside them
Here are Some interesting facts about the world that you probably didn’t know were true. Some of these facts are pretty unbelievable!
- 86% of humans have parasites inside them.
- A human will typically swallow around 295 times per day.
- There are more chickens in the world than there are humans.
- It is estimated that we use only 10% of our brain’s capacity.
- The lifespan of a taste bud is only 10 days.
- Every year, we lose around 1 million skin cells (seven sentences)
China is getting taller
Did you know that China is getting taller? It’s true! According to a recent study, the average height of Chinese adults has increased by more than three inches since the 1950s. And it’s not just adults – even Chinese children are growing taller.
The majority of litter in America comes from cigarette butts
Did you know that the majority of litter in America comes from cigarette butts? It’s true! According to Keep America Beautiful, an estimated 62 million pounds of cigarettes and other tobacco products are littered each year.
Did you know that there are more people living in cities than in rural areas? This is one of the many interesting facts about the world that you probably didn’t know. Here are ten more unbelievable facts that will make you think twice about our planet.
- There are approximately 7,000 languages spoken in the world.
- China has the largest population in the world with over 1.3 billion people.
- Russia is the largest country in the world with a total area of 17,098,242 square kilometers.
- The Sahara Desert is the largest desert in the world with an area of 9,400,000 square kilometers.
Leave a Reply